The Middle of the Middle - Release 0.4 pt. 2

 Phase 1 is complete!

As an update for my progress on Release 0.4, I now have the Profile page the was requested set up, with options visible for enabling/disabling notifications for any of the Code Contest emails. Alongside that, there is a button to save the changes, and another one to delete the account itself. So far, neither of these buttons are functioning, however.

That is where the next issue comes up: I'm still trying to sort out how to check the current user within the current "session".

Since this is my first time encountering Django, I'm finding myself sorting through all sorts of docs to find the solution to my issue while I await advice from the repo owner (codestromer). So far, what I've gathered is that when the project was set up, the majority of the functionality should have been set up alongside it, which it looks like it has, since everything is where it should be (see Enabling Sessions). From there, it seems like there is very little to do aside from just using it, but I must be missing SOMETHING (also see Using sessions in views).

Once this hurdle is solved, the rest should be relatively smooth sailing, since I would then have a user to update the email notifications settings against, as well as an account to point to for deletion. I'll check back in one final time once everything is solved and go over what the final piece of the puzzle was.

Until then, take care!

Comments