The Beginning of the End - Release 0.4 pt. 1

 This is it! This sis where everything I've learned comes to a head.

In this post, I will go over my plan for the final PR needed for this course, and how I plan on tackling it.

To begin, I'll be re-visiting ContestReminder for a third time. Recently, an issue has been brought up to introduce the feature of a Profile page, along with the options for the user to change their preferences or delete their account from the app.

To accomplish this, I'll need to start by making an HTML Template (like I did during my first PR for this repo). Within this set-up, I will need to include a checklist of the available Coding Contests that are supported by the app, as well as a 'Save Preferences' button. Upon saving their selection, the profile will be refreshed, allowing the user to review their changes before choosing to return to the 'Home' screen.

Underneath that section will be where I will locate the 'Delete Account' button. When the user clicks this button, a prompt will appear to confirm their selection, in case it was clicked my mistake. If this action is cancelled, the user will be returned to their profile page. If accepted, however, the user will be logged out, and their account will be deleted.

An additional goal that I may strive for if I can find the time is to email the user about either of these changes as a notification (in case they were not the ones who made these alterations).

For now, this is what I'm aiming for. I'll check back later with an update on the progress being made!

Comments