Spooky PRs - Hacktoberfest pt. 1

 One PR down, 3 to go.

While this year's Hacktoberfest has made major changes to its format and how it counts the submissions for the event, the unofficial Hacktoberfest is in full swing for me, where I have been tasked with completing 4 PRs before the end of the month.

My first is a bit of a gimme, since I ended up performing some edits on a README for "flextool". While during the process of finding issues that I could solve, I stumbled upon one that was set up for a project that has since become depreciated. From there, the original author mentioned a new repo that was living on beyond it. So I headed over there, and read through the README. Noticing several spelling mistakes throughout it, I filed an issue, and set to fixing up errors that I found (once I got consent). The PR has been submitted and merged, so all loose ends are tied up!

I know, I know... simple task. But while searching for issues to do, I had come across a couple more issues that I have already signed up for and started working on (more about them in future posts). So, while it feels a little cheap to have a file scoured for mistakes, I have already moved on to work on bigger and better things!

I feel a lot more comfortable now that the band-aid has been ripped off for these projects, and definitely will not be holding back from here on.

Stay tuned for my next addition in the Hackoberfest Saga!

Comments