Where Should I Go? - Release 0.2 pt. 4

 It's now time to point people in the right direction. In this final submission for Release 0.2, I revisited the ContestReminder repo to fix up some issues that I discovered while working on the previous fix.

For the first issue, while I was setting up the 'About' page to feature the list of contributors (see Now Featuring!), I noticed that a link that was already named 'About Us' was featured on the 'Home' screen. 



After inquiring the project owner in regards to the broken link, they suggested that I take out the button that I added in the previous PR, and repurpose and rename the 'About Us' link to 'Contributors'. This was a simple, quick fix that involved replacing the 'href' value in the existing link to the view I had just made, and then renaming it. To go along with this renaming, I then removed the heading within my previous made view (which read 'About') to make it purely a view to highlight contributors. The end result looked like this:



In addition to the above changes, I also realized that the link next to it (Report Bug/Send Feedback) was pointing itself back to the 'Home' page, so I created a second issue in regards to that. What was asked of for that was to scrap the 'Send Feedback' portion of this link, and to have the new 'Report Bug' link redirect the user to the 'Issues' page for this repo. This final change to the Home screen left it looking like this:


Since each of these fixes were smaller than others I had done, I felt it was necessary to include both in this final part of Release 0.2. 

Overall, this was a nice project to work on, and brought me back to doing some HTML and routing work, while still using my growing knowledge in Python to help out in other situations. As well, codestromer has been a good project manager to work with, and was there to answer any questions that happened to come up. I am looking forward to future work on this project to help it grow!

And that's it! Release 0.2 is in the books. Stay tuned to my next blog post, where I will reflect on the process of my journey so far in the Open Source community.

Comments