Time For the Next Step - Release 0.2 Reflection

Well, that was a task and a half! Now that Release 0.2 is done, it's time to look back on the tasks I completed during this time!

I started my journey with flextool, where I took on the task of looking through the README they had set up, and finding any sort of spelling or grammar mistake I could find. In the end, a total of 239 changes were made to the file, and it took many re-reads to find all that I could. This was a suitable way to get my feet wet in the process of submitting fixes in GitHub, but the real challenges were just around the corner...

I chose to continue fixing up documentation in my next PR, which required me to create a badge in the README file of enarx/bot. This is where I had my first encounter with Git workflows, automated testing, and signing off on PRs. During this fix, I was thrust into learning how to rebase my code, as well as appending to commits (since signing off on my commits was one thing I had trouble remembering). All-in-all, this was a major hurdle for me to overcome, and took more time than I thought it would for a simple badge.

After a bit of a hiatus (SHAME), I finally picked myself back up and got to fixing an issue for ContestReminder. Here, I created a new 'About' page that was used to showcase the contributors to the repo. After doing so much work in Python over the last little while, it was nice to get a change of pace, since the majority of this fix involved coding with an HTML Templating Engine and setting up routing.

For my final PR(s), I returned back to ContestReminder for round 2. While working on the project in the past, I noticed a couple issues with links. I personally filed these issues, and after seeking suggestions on what codestromer wanted to see from these, I set forth to fix the two issues myself. With how satisfied I am with how this project is coming along, I am looking forward to making more contributions in the future!

My journey through these fixes had a lot of ups and downs, but overall I'm happy with the outcome. Here's to many more fixes in the future!

Comments